This is a professional service site and not a social networking site.
Please remember to exercise courtesy at all times towards your fellow members who will also use this site. As such, this page shall not be used to advocate for or against legal or political positions, to make defamatory statements about individuals, entities or agencies, including their actions or decisions, nor shall it be used as a medium to advertise the goods or services of a for profit business or organization.
5. Monitoring and Enforcement. The Listserve may allow you to post information and comments, and otherwise interact with other Members, either through postings or by interacting in real-time. As a condition of your being permitted to create a Member account, you agree to abide by any and all rules that we publish in connection with the Listserve from time to time and at our sole discretion, including but not limited to, any prohibitions on use of the Listserve for any unlawful purpose and the Listserve Guidelines set forth below. In compliance with Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (�DMCA�) and Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to conduct a limited review of all Content for the sole purpose of identifying and rejecting Content containing content which is in violation of the �Listserve Guidelines� set forth below. We have no liability for any information, comment, remark or content made available in the Listserve by another Member. You acknowledge that all information, data, text, opinions, photographs, graphics, messages, or other materials opinions, statement, recommendation, offers, advice or other information presented or disseminated on the Listserve (�Member Comment�) are the sole responsibility their respective authors who are solely liable as the publisher thereof. If you post Content via the Listserve, you shall, and hereby do, agree and acknowledge that such Content passes through or resides upon (as applicable) our systems, networks, or servers solely at your direction in accordance with Section 512(c) and/or 512(d) of the Digital Millennium Copyright act of 1998. This means that you, and not SBN, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available via the Listserve, including any personally identifying information you post and for any logos or marks of any persons, entities and/or companies included in such Content. We do not endorse, approve or otherwise assume any responsibility for any Content, including any advice or recommendation. By using the Listserve, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will SBN be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Listserve. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. Please be aware that the Listserve is public and, as such, you acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy with respect to any Comment you submit; if you post any personal information, you may receive unsolicited messages from other Members. SBN reserves the right, but not the obligation, in its sole discretion, to refuse to post or remove any Content at any time for any reason. When you post Content via the Listserve, your name will be visible to other Members and attached to the Content that you submitted. Please be aware that you may receive unsolicited messages from such Members. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use, copy, store, publish, display, and distribute any Content you post via the Listserve or have the written consent, release, and permission of each and every identifiable individual person included in such Content to use their name or likeness. The functionality provided to you by Listserve is not an archive and we shall have no liability to you or any other person for loss, damage, or destruction to your Content, Registration Data, or any other information submitted by you. You are solely responsible for preventing any loss or damage to and (maintaining independent archival and backup copies of any Content you submit. To report egregious or repeated violations of the guidelines, forum participants should forward the offending message directly to your section Listserve administrator, along with the reason the message was deemed offensive.
6. License Grant to Member Content. By submitting Content to the Listserve, you grant, to SBN, its affiliates and its and their and successor�s and assigns, a worldwide, exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable, perpetual and transferable license to use, host, reproduce, distribute, combine with information provided by third-parties, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content, alone, or as a part of other works, in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, (a) the right to modify, publish, prepare derivative works from, and publicly display the Content, alone or as part of any other work, in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and (b) the exclusive right to license or otherwise transfer any or all such rights to any other party. SBN may use any Content or license such Content to others for any purpose, including, without limitation, for reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. No compensation will be paid or due you with respect to such use of the Content.
7. Listserve Guidelines. In addition to any other rules or restrictions which we may impose at any time in our sole discretion, you may not post, upload, transmit or otherwise make available via the Listserve, any Content that:
(a) is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, racially offensive, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
(b) solicits personal information from anyone;
(c) publicly posts private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers information, or that otherwise poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
(d) constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
(e) constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person�s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
(f) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or solicitation, promotional materials, �junk mail,� �chain letters,� instant messaging, �spimming,� �spamming,� or �pyramid schemes�;
(g) contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(h) constitutes, furthers, promotes, or provides instructions for any criminal or illegal activity or enterprise, violates the rights of any party, or otherwise creates liability or violates any local, state, national or international law, including, without limitation, material that depicts child-pornography, acts of violence, drug use or would violate the regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or any rules of a securities exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, making or buying illegal weapons, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons or incendiary devices, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
(j) involves political campaigning, and/or sales such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
(k) includes any information, photograph, or video of another person that you have posted without that person�s consent;
(l) is misleading or deceptive, including falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
(m) infringes or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy right, publicity right, contract right, or any other rights of any third-party;
(n) you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
(o) contains software viruses, worms, spyware, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
(p) that is unrelated to the topic of the Listserve; or
(q) that relates to, or from which could be inferred, any action or strategy relating to prices, production, allocation of markets, or any other matter having a market effect, including discussions regarding current or future billing rates, fees, disbursement charges or other items which would be construed as �price�, fair profit, billing rate, or wage level, current billing or fee procedures, imposition of credit terms, or any other discussion the result of which could be construed as having the effect to restrict competition or coordinate prices, fees or compensation;
(r) that uses a misleading subject line or omits a subject line; or
(s) that, in our sole judgment, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying Listserve or the Website, or which may expose SBN or its affiliates or its customers to any harm or liability of any type.
8. Limitations on Use. You shall not engage in any of the following activities in connection with your use of the Listserve:
(a) criminal, illegal, or tortious activity;
(b) advertising, political campaigning, fundraising, or commercial solicitation;
(c) circumventing, modifying, or interfering with, attempting to circumvent, modify, or interfere with, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing, modifying, or interfering with any security measures or technology that is part of or related to the Listserve;
(d) activity that involves the use of software viruses, worms, spyware, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
(e) damaging, disabling, disrupting, overburdening, or impairing the Service or interfering with any other party�s use and enjoyment of the Listserve;
(f) impersonating or attempting to impersonate another Member, person or entity;
(g) using any information obtained from SBN Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity, or attempting to do the same;
(i) engage in the practices of �screen scraping,� �database scraping,� or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other information from the Listserve.
9. Intellectual Property Ownership. Unless otherwise noted, the Listserve, any names, logos, trademarks, service marks, brand identities, characters, trade names, graphics, designs, copyrights, trade dress, or other intellectual property distributed via the Listserve, including Content submitted by other Members are owned by SBN or the submitting Member, as the case may be, and are protected under copyright, trademark and other intellectual property and proprietary rights laws. As between us and you, all right, title and interest in and to the Listserve and any Content (excluding Content submitted by you) will remain the sole property of SBN and/or the applicable Member who supplied the Content. You may not copy, use, or incorporate any Content, including any artwork, trademarks or logos, into any other work, including your own site, or use such Content in any other public or commercial manner without first obtaining the prior written permission of the applicable owner.
11. Information for California Residents. SBN is located at 600 East Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89104. Phone: 702-382-2200. You may contact SBN at the foregoing address with complaints or to request additional information. The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1020 N. Street, #501, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254.
12. Copyright Infringement. If you believe that any Content infringes your intellectual property rights, please send SBN�s Copyright Agent a notification of claimed infringement with the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the Service (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement); (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. SBN�s Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement will be the section administrator for your specific section. The name and address of your applicable section administrator can be found on your section webpage at www.nvbar.org. For clarity, only notices of alleged copyright infringement should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Website. You acknowledge that in order for SBN to be authorized to takedown any Content, your notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOUR USE OF THE LISTSERVE, AND ANY CONTENT DISTRIBUTED THEREBY, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE LISTSERVE AND ALL CONTENT ARE PROVIDED, �AS IS� AND �AS AVAILABLE� WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SHOULD APPLICABLE LAW NOT PERMIT THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN THE SBN HEREBY GRANTS THE MINIMUM EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REQUIRED BY SUCH APPLICABLE LAW. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SBN, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR ANY OTHER PERSONS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS SECTION. SBN AND SBN�S SUPPLIERS (INCLUDING MEMBERS SUPPLYING CONTENT VIA THE LISTSERVE) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE LISTSERVE, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF OR ANY CONTENT DISTRIBUTED THEREBY: (A) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE, AND FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND (C) OR WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. ANY MATERIAL OR CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE LISTSERVE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIALOR CONTENT.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the Nvfamilylaw
(The current archive is only available to the list